Important: New Immunization Requirements
The Department of Health is changing school immunization regulations beginning in August 2017. The regulations are intended to ensure that children attending school in the commonwealth are adequately protected against potential outbreaks of vaccine preventable diseases.
Students must receive all required vaccinations within the first five days of school or risk exclusion.
Online health forms to print and complete.
Food Allergy Action Plan
*Hard copy required each year.
Physical Form Required for:
- Students Entering: Kindergarten, Sixth or Eleventh Grade
- Middle School Athletes
- All new students entering CDSSH (from out of state)
Dental Form Required for:
- Students Entering: Kindergarten, Third or Seventh
PIAA Form Required for:
- Required for all MS and US students playing a sport
- Forms are due before the first official practice after a one week tryout period
- See Athletics Section for more information
Annual Health Screening
Pennsylvania state-mandated health screenings are conducted yearly in the fall by the district nurses. The results of these screenings are sent to parents and a recommendation for further evaluation is given when a problem is detected.
- Near and Far Vision All grades, every year
- Color, Stereo Depth & Plus Lens Vision Grade 2
- Hearing Grades K, 1, 2, 3, 7, 11
- Scoliosis Grades 6 & 7
- Height & Weight All grades, every year
- Body Mass Index All grades, every year
The Body Mass Index (BMI), developed by the Centers for Disease Control, is used as a screening tool to identify possible weight problems in children. The BMI is calculated from body weight adjusted for height, age and gender. It is used to help determine whether a child is within a normal growth pattern, overweight, at risk of becoming overweight or underweight. Referral to your family physician for further evaluation is recommended for children who have a BMI outside the normal range less than the 5th percentile and greater than the 85th percentile.
It is important to keep in mind that this is only a screening and your childs health care provider is the best person to evaluate whether or not your childs measurements are within a healthy range.
All completed forms are due to school by September 1. Forms can be submitted to school in the following ways:
Agnes Saveri, RN, CSN
480 S. Bryn Mawr Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Scan and Email:
Deliver to School:
Please enclose completed forms in an envelope marked:
Radnor Township School District
Volunteers: Mandatory Clearances
Pennsylvania State Child Protective Service law requires that all volunteers, who come into contact with or are responsible for children, submit clearances every 36 months.