Summer Information For Pre-K and Kindergarten
- Please notify the school office at 610-527-3915 or email@example.com if you have any questions regarding your child’s bus schedule or transportation.
- You may drop off and pick up your child at the Red Doors located by the School House Office.
- Detailed information regarding car line and bus line procedures will be on the school web site.
- The school hours for students are 8:25 a.m. - 3:20 p.m.
- Students should be in their classrooms between 8:15 and 8:25 a.m. but may arrive any time after 8:00 a.m.
- Students arriving between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m. will need to go to Early Arrival in the Pre-Kindergarten classroom.
- Students arriving after 8:30 a.m. will need to notify the School House secretary that they have arrived.
- Absence and lateness will be recorded on the report card.
- A faculty member will be on duty to assist children in and out of cars.
- Parking is not permitted in front of the Red Doors during arrival and dismissal. If you need to come into the building or assist your daughter with her car seat or seat belt, please park your car in the parking lot.
- Pre-Kindergarten half-day
dismissal is at 12:00 p.m.
- Full day dismissal is at 3:20
- Please be prompt when picking
your child up at the end of the school day. If you arrive after 3:45 p.m.
your daughter will be taken to Extended Day until you arrive. There will
be a charge for this service.
- If your daughter has a sister
in the middle or upper schools, please arrive for your children between
3:30 and 3:45 p.m. Your cooperation with this is appreciated.
- If your child is to be picked
up by someone other than the person(s) listed on the school information
sheet, please notify the school.
Children will not be released from school with an unauthorized
person unless we receive consent from a parent or guardian.
- Parking is not permitted in
front of the Red Doors. If you need
to come into the building, please use the parking lot.
- Lower School students are not
permitted to join their sister(s) at athletic practices while waiting for
transportation home from school.
- Requests for an early dismissal
must be submitted to the classroom teacher in writing or through e-mail by
EARLY ARRIVAL/EXTENDED DAY
- Child care (early morning and after school) is available here at school for the children in the lower and middle schools. The program is under the direction of the school. Information regarding after school care is available on the school website.
- Your daughter should wear a white polo shirt or Sacred Heart T-shirt, gray, red or black shorts (no other colors are permitted), white gym socks, and sneakers (no “slides”) to school on the days she has gym.
- During the winter months your daughter may wear a sweatshirt and pants (black, gray, red) or a solid black, gray or red sweatshirt and pants for gym class. Black yoga pants may be worn. Capri pants and leggings may not be worn.
The items for the gym uniform can be purchased at school, beginning at the Red and White picnic.
- Lower School students will need a white dress to wear to the Lily Procession (December) and the May Procession (May).
- The style of dress is your choice.
- Pre-Kindergarten students may wear a white dress or a dress of their choice.
There is not a supply list for Pre-K, however, all students
are asked to bring in:
wipes: 1 container (store brand is fine)
Washable Marker set: 12 count QTY. 2 SETS
Crayons: 16 crayons QTY. 1 BOX
sticks: QTY. 4
School Glue: QTY. 1 BOTTLE
- Pre-Kindergarten and kindergarten students are
asked to bring in a spare set of clothing (in a shoebox labeled with her
name) to be kept at school in case of an emergency.
- Full day Pre-Kindergarten students are asked to
bring in a small blanket for rest time.
- Snack will be served in the morning. The snack usually consists of crackers, pretzels, apples, yogurt, or cookies, and juice or water. If your daughter has special needs or an allergy to particular foods, please notify the school. Students are permitted to bring a snack from home.
- Students may either bring their lunch to school or use the lunch program. Juice, milk, snacks, and ice cream may be purchased in the lunchroom. Students in the lower school are not permitted to use the soda machine or to buy candy in the lunchroom. Students will be limited to purchasing a dessert, snack or "after school" snack, in addition to the entrée from the lunch program.
- Individual and class pictures will be taken in early September.
- On this day, Kindergarten students should wear their gray cord jumper, a white polo shirt, a green cardigan sweater, white socks, and their school shoes.
- Pre-kindergarten students may wear outfits of their choice.
- Further information regarding school pictures will be sent home at a later date.
- We ask your cooperation in making sure that all your
child’s belongings: uniforms, sweaters, sweat shirts and pants, lunch
kits, etc. are clearly marked with her complete name.
- A completed PHYSICAL FORM is required for students in grades: Kindergarten
- A completed DENTAL FORM is required for students in grades: Kindergarten and Third
- All forms can be found on the school website. For all grades, please complete:
- Permission to Administer Medication in School (Rx)
- Emergency Contact and Medication Permission
- Any other form that applies to your daughter (Website)
- Please make sure the school has your current contact phone numbers and emails to be used in case of illness during the school day or an emergency (on above forms and CDSSH Insider Profile.)
- CDSSH Insider: Please be sure the online profile information is correct in the Student-Parent Information Form (Must log in with your Username and Password from the website quicklink “CDSSH Insider”)
- If you need assistance with your login information, please contact Sharon Mitsler at firstname.lastname@example.org. Since the Parent-Student Directory pulls from this database, please complete or update your profile ASAP.
SCHEDULE and HANDBOOK
- Students will receive their schedule during the first week of school. The handbook contains information regarding school policies and the school year and can be found on the school website.
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS
- Club information will be available on the website.
- Contact the school: 610-527-3915
- Email: Beth Porter
- Director of the Lower School